How To Start A Support Group
How to Start a Support Group:
To Advertise For Free:
- On Facebook, just start talking on your homepage that you are starting a local Fibromyalgia Support Group.
- Call all the local churches and ask them to put the notification in their bulletins.
- Put Notifications on Free Bulletin Boards in town.
- Write Editorials for your local Newspapers every week.
Where to Hold the Meeting
- At your home.
- At your church.
- At a restaurant that will let you hold it for free.
- At a hospital that will let you hold it for free.
- At a Clinic that will let you hold it for free.
What to use for material:
- Any materials used from the Radio Show, the Webpage, or the Support Group are copyrighted, so be sure that you have the source of the material on anything you hand out. Do NOT use names from the Support Group in your local support Groups.
- Subjects from my radio station.
- Subjects from my webpage.
- Subjects from the Support Group Pages.
- You will never run out of material. If people ask questions you don’t have answers for, just write them down and tell them you will have answers for them the next time you meet. Then, message me on Your Fibromyalgia on Facebook and I will be more than happy to help you with answers.
Once you have your support group started, try to find someone who will help you with the support group. Someone who will help you run it, a co-director. Make sure everyone knows you are not a Doctor or in the medical profession at all and do not give medical advice.
You need to set rules. Look at the rules for Your Fibromyalgia. Those should be good enough.
If you start a local support group, let us know and we will start listing local support groups on the webpage.